Class B Special Use Permits
Note: Class B Special Use Permits are reviewed in a quasi-judicial setting requiring approval by the Board of Adjustment.
Class B Special Use Permit – Orange County Lacrosse
Wild Flora Farm / Barn of Chapel Hill
Holly Creek Lane - Operation of a Recreational Facility
Construction of a Telecommunication Facility (i.e. telecommunication tower) at
1941 Mount Carmel Church Road
- Parcel Identification Number (PIN) and Map:
- 9796-09-9658 (the Buckner Family Farm Trust) - 18 acres in area
- 9797-00-5005 – an approximately 2 acre parcel of property owned by Edwards Williams. A driveway accessing the proposed tower will be located on this property
- Proposal: TowerCom IV, LLC has submitted a Class B Special Use Permit application seeking a permit to erect a 199 foot tall (195 foot tall tower with a 4 foot lighting pole at the top for a combined total height of 199 foot) monopole telecommunication facility (i.e. a telecommunication tower).
- Date of Submittal:
- Application submitted on September 30, 2016.
- Notification of balloon test date submitted on September 30, 2016
- Stage of Review: The application is being reviewed by staff for compliance with the County Unified Development Ordinance (UDO). Neighborhood meeting and required balloon test was held on October 15, 2016.
- Current Status: Public Hearing scheduled for December 12, 2016. Meeting will be held in the main Conference Room located on the Lower Level of the West Campus Office Building located at 131 West Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, North Carolina