Página en Español: https://www.orangecountync.gov/369/Espanol
The NC Department of Health Human Services updates their COVID-19 Dashboard daily at 12 p.m.
- NCDHHS report on Congregate Living Facilities with cases for each facility reporting an outbreak (updated twice weekly).
- NCDHHS weekly COVID-19 Surveillance Summary (updated on Thursdays).
- Johns Hopkins COVID-19 Status Report for Orange County, North Carolina.
- UNC-Chapel Hill COVID-19 Monitoring Dashboard
Governor’s Executive Order makes face coverings mandatory
Gov. Roy Cooper issued an Executive Order on Wednesday, June 24, that mandates face coverings for any person age 11 or older. This order supplants the previous Orange County declaration regarding face-coverings.
If you feel a business is failing to adhere to the policy, please fill out this form so that an Environmental Health Specialist can work with the business to comply with the requirement:
Please direct any media inquiries or public information requets related to Orange County’s COVID-19 response to Todd McGee, Orange County Community Relations/EOC Public Affairs, at (984) 220-5412.
|Stay at Home|
Everything you need to know about the Stay at Home guidance.
A list of information and resources about food, health, education, housing, and more
All resources about COVID-19 in English, Spanish, Chinese, Arabic, ASL, Burmese, Karen, Kinyarwanda, and Swahili
N.C. requires face coverings for all people older than 11 years old to slow the spread of COVID.
Social distancing, also called physical distancing, is a vital way to stay healthy during a pandemic
We provide answers to commonly asked questions about coronavirus
Learn more about testing for COVID-19.
Learn about the symptoms of COVID-19 and what to do if you are sick.
|Myths & Facts|
In this section, we look at rumors and myths about COVID-19 and supply answers based on science and medicine.
|How to Help|
Want to volunteer or support local organizations and groups that are responding to COVID-19? Here’s how.
|Long Term Care Facilities|
NCDHHS and OCHD have worked closely with long-term care facilities. Learn more
Orange County Health Department does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, or sex.
Places of Worship
Pets are family! Learn more about how COVID-19 affects our furry friends
Lo que debe saber sobre el Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Orange County Government cares about diversity, equity and inclusion. As a community, we need to be mindful of xenophobia (dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries).
As this novel coronavirus spreads, so does xenophobia. We want to avoid any speech or action that would make minorities in our community feel exposed and vulnerable. Pathogens and viruses do not discriminate, however humans do.
The Orange County Health Department will not contribute to racial profiling and marginalization, portraying the carrier of this illness as “foreign and alien.” We will stick to the science and treat all community members with respect.
For the latest on COVID-19 and its impacts in Orange County, follow the Health Department on social media at the links below.
- Newsletter: Sign up for the COVID-19 newsletter from the Orange County Health Department.
- Missed past newsletters? Go here:
- Text updates: To receive daily text updates Monday through Friday, text ocnchealth to 888-777.
- Actualizaciones de texto: para recibir actualizacions diarias de lunes a viernes en Espanol mande mensaje ’OCNCSALUD’ a 888777
- Hotline: Questions about COVID-19? Call (919) 245-6111 between the hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday to Friday. Spanish language and other languages available.
- Email: Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general questions about Coronavirus, contact NCDHHS at:
If you are an individual or a medical practice with questions, call the Orange County Health Department at 919-245-6111 during business hours (8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.). After hours, call 911 and ask for the Communicable Disease Staff member on-call.
Contact Kristin Prelipp, the Orange County Health Department’s Public Information Officer at email@example.com or 919-245-2462