Adult Involvement/Participation for Virtual Programs
Parent/guardian/trusted adult availability for virtual programming is strongly encouraged for all programs to assist with any connectivity troubleshooting. Adult involvement and participation in the instructional portion of a program will vary by age group, activity, and each individual child’s needs. The icons below give an estimate of expectations for adult involvement.
|1 hand—low adult involvement/participation||4 hands—medium to high adult involvement/participation|
|2 hands—low to medium adult involvement/participation||5 hands—high adult involvement/participation|
|3 hands—medium adult involvement/participation|
Thank you for your assistance and support in ensuring all of our participants have a positive learning environment!
Tips for a Successful Virtual Program Experience:
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Please raise your hand, turn on your microphone, or use the chat to participate with any questions or comments you might have. We want to hear from you!
- We strongly encourage you to turn on your webcam to get the most out of our virtual programs! This makes it more welcoming for your instructor and classmates to interact with you and allows for your instructor to see what you are doing to correct any technique or action. To improve your appearance on camera, try to have a light source in front of you (back lighting creates a silhouette).
- Use viewer settings wisely. Different settings may be best in different situations:
- Active Speaker View—Active Speaker View will switch the large video window between who is speaking.
- Gallery View—Gallery View lets you see thumbnail displays of participants, in a grid pattern, which expands and contracts as participants join and leave the meeting.
- Pin—Pin screen allows you to disable active speaker view and only view a specific speaker (for example, the instructor or program leader). To pin a video, at the top of your screen, hover over the video of the participant you want to pin and click “…”. From the menu, choose Pin Video.
- If others in your home are using network services, if possible you may want to ask them stop during your program so you are not competing for bandwidth on home WiFi.
- Be respectful of your fellow participants, your instructor, and yourselves.
- Please follow any additional guidelines your instructor has for your virtual program.