ORANGE COUNTY, NC (October 22,2018) – The Orange County Arts Commission and the Hillsborough Arts Council are pleased to announce the winners of the 2nd Annual Paint it Orange Plein Air Paint-out, which took place October 19-21, 2018, throughout Orange County. Thirty-nine painters from four states participated in the painting competition, which was judged by award-winning plein air painter Chad Smith. An Awards Reception was hosted Sunday, October 21, from 6-8PM at C3 Hillsborough.
by Ben Hamburger of Carrboro, NC
by Tesh Parekh of Raleigh, NC
by Duncan Moore of Durham, NC
- Eno River by James Keul of Durham, NC
- Johnston Mill Nature Preserve #1 by Nerys Levy of Chapel Hill, NC
- Companions by Flora Pinkham of Fuquay Varina, NC
- Lake Michael Backlight by Carol A. Strickland of Efland, NC
- Eno Farmer’s Market by Lyudmila Tomova of Cary, NC
- As the Sun Sets by Irina Ushakova of Chapel Hill, NC
- Sponsor’s Choice, Fox Hill Farm: As the Sun Sets by Irina Ushakova of Chapel Hill, NC
- Sponsor’s Choice, Hillsborough Tourism Development Authority: Pond at Ayr Mount by Kendal Brown of Chapel Hill, NC
- Sponsor’s Choice, Mace Construction, Inc: Lake Michael Backlight by Carol A. Strickland of Efland, NC
The exhibit of paintings will be displayed and for sale through the end of November at C3 Hillsborough at 128 North Churton Street and at the Hillsborough Arts Council at 102 North Churton Street. Hours are Tuesday-Thursday, 12-5PM, Friday and Saturday, 12-4PM, and Sunday from 1-5PM.
The public is invited to vote on their favorite painting at opening receptions during Last Friday Art Walk on Friday, October 26, from 6-9pm at C3 Hillsborough and the Hillsborough Arts Council. The artist of the painting receiving the most votes will be named People’s Choice Award Winner.
This year’s event was sponsored by Fox Hill Farm, Jerry’s Artarama, Town of Hillsborough Tourism Development Authority, Mace Construction, and the Orange Chatham Association of Realtors. More information about the competition, as well as high resolution photos of all winners, can be viewed at the Orange County Arts Commission’s website, www.artsorange.org/pleinair.