Provide Comments on Proposed Final Study
The Durham Chapel Hill Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC MPO) is requesting comments from the public on the final US 15-501 Corridor Study. Comments can be submitted through October 15, 2020 using the following methods:
- Email - Send your comments to email@example.com.
- Public Hearing - You can directly address the DCHC MPO Board at their virtual public meeting, October 14, 9am, by sending your request to speak at the meeting to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Telephone - Call Andy Henry, 919-560-4366, extension 36419
If these methods are not adequate for you, please contact Andy Henry to request other accommodations.
Proposed Final Study
The proposed final study is a multimodal transportation master plan that integrates the latest land use, relevant local and state plans, and transportation vision for the corridor, which is from Ephesus Church Rd in Chapel Hill to University Drive in Durham. The final study report, and a short presentation, are available at the links below:
- Full report - highlights from interim reports, recommendations with proposed cross-section, and implementation plan.
- Summary report - graphic based presentation that is easy-to-read and reference.
- Conceptual design - high-level map drawings that demonstrate feasibility.
- Presentation - summary background, recommendations, and approval schedule information.
Please see the project Web page, www.reimagining15501.com , for background information and interim study projects.
- September 9 - MPO Board release final report for public comment (9/8 through 10/15 = 37 days)
- October 14 - Public hearing
- November 11 - Approve final report
- Post approval - Include US 15-501 projects in updated and amended long-range plans (MTP and CTP)