Orange County Government will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 24-25, to observe the Thanksgiving holidays.
Please note the following exceptions:
- Solid Waste: Recycling pick-up scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 24, will be collected on Friday, Nov. 25. Recycling pick-up scheduled for Friday, Nov. 25, will be collected on Saturday, Nov. 26. Please have carts out by 7 a.m. The landfill and related services will be open on Friday, Nov. 25.
- Animal Services: Will be closed on Saturday, Nov. 26, in addition to the government holidays. They are normally closed on Sundays. They ask that, as always, people call 9-1-1 if they have an animal-related emergency after hours, such as animal bites to humans or exposure to rabies.
- Transportation Services: Will operate limited service serving the in-county dialysis route only (Carolina Dialysis), on Friday, Nov. 25. Full service will resume Monday, Nov. 28. In order to provide two working day notice for scheduling, trip requests for Monday, Nov. 28, must be received by 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 23.
- 9-1-1 Services: Will be available. Please only call 9-1-1 to report emergencies.
- Health: The COVID-19 vaccine clinic at Bonnie B. Davis Center will be closed on Saturday, Nov. 26, in addition to the government holidays.
The county will resume its regular schedule on Monday, Nov. 28.