Orange County Board of Commissioners
Business Meeting Agenda for September 2, 2021
Due to current public health concerns, the Orange County Board of Commissioners will be conducting a virtual business meeting on September 2, 2021. Members of the Board of Commissioners will be participating in the meeting remotely. Members of the public will be able to view and listen to the meeting and have the opportunity to provide public comment. The public may submit written comments by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who wish to speak must pre-register using the instructions included in the agenda.
As in prior meetings, the meeting will be streamed in real-time on the County’s website for public viewing/listening at http://www.orangecountync.gov/967/Meeting-Videos. There will also be real-time broadcast on Spectrum Cable and video-recording for future television broadcast and reference on the County’s website.
The full agenda for the Orange County Board of Commissioners’ virtual business meeting on Thursday, September 2, 2021 has been posted to the link below.
For a link to each agenda item as a separate file, please use the link below.
Virtual Business Meeting
September 2, 2021
Viewable on the link below
4. Proclamations/ Resolutions/ Special Presentations
a. Discussion and Appointment for the Vacant Position on the Orange County Board of Commissioners
(PLEASE NOTE THAT NO PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED AT THE MEETING ON THIS ITEM.)
The Board will discuss nominees for the vacant position on the Board of County Commissioners, hear comments from nominees, and make an appointment.
b. Presentation Regarding The Beacon (An Upcoming Countywide Public Art Festival)
The Board will receive a presentation on The Beacon Public Art Festival, scheduled to occur in the downtown communities of Chapel Hill, Carrboro and Hillsborough July 15 through August 15, 2022.
5. Public Hearings
a. NCDOT Public Transportation Division/Public Transportation – 5311 Community Transportation Program Grant Application for FY 2023
The Board will:
1) Hold a public hearing on the proposed NCDOT 5311 Community Transportation Program grant application;
2) Approve submittal of the application to receive funding from NCDOT 5311 Community Transportation Program: Non-Urbanized Area Formula Program, Human Service Transportation Management Program: 5311 by Orange County Public Transportation (OCPT) for FY 2023;
3) Approve the 5311 Grant application for FY 2023 in the total amount of $187,568, with a local match total of $28,135 to be provided when necessary;
4) Approve and authorize the Chair to sign the 5311 Program Resolution, Local Share Certification, Anticipated DBE/DWE Vendor Awards; DBE Certification Form; EEO Questionnaire Form; and the Title VI Program Report;
5) Review the 2021 Certification and Assurances Signature Pages and authorize the Chair and the County Attorney to review the and sign the FY2022 Certifications and Assurances when available; and
6) Review and approve the Grant Designee Certification Form Resolution authorizing the Transportation Services Director to serve as the designee.
6. Regular Agenda
a. Change in BOCC Meeting Schedule for 2021
The Board will consider changes to the Board of Commissioners’ meeting calendar for 2021.
a. Update on 2021 Appeals Process
The Board will receive a report on the progress of the 2021 Appeals Process.
8. Consent Agenda
b. Motor Vehicle Property Tax Releases/Refunds
c. Property Tax Releases/Refunds
d. Tax Collector’s Annual Settlement for Fiscal Year 2021-22
e. Resolution Confirming Orange County’s Agreement to Adopt the General Records Retention and Disposition Schedule for Local Government Agencies
f. Fiscal Year 2021-22 Budget Amendment #1
g. Approval of Financing Arrangements for White Cross Fire Department to Purchase Fire Truck and Associated Equipment
h. Approval of Boards and Commissions Assignments
i. 401 Valley Forge Road Annexation
j. North Carolina Forest Service Lease of a Portion of the Orange County Bonnie B. Davis Environmental and Agricultural Center (EAC)
k. Northern Campus Water and Sewer – Transfer of Ownership to Town of Hillsborough
l. Revision of a 1986 Memorandum of Understanding between the Town of Chapel Hill and Orange County for the County to Provide Enforcement of Chapel Hill’s Soil Erosion and Sedimentation Control Regulations
m. Designation of Inflatable Boat as Surplus Property and Approval of Transfer to Orange Rural Fire Department
n. Appointment of Corey Root to the Central Piedmont Community Action, Inc. Board of Directors
o. Quarterly Report (2021 Q2) for Orange County’s CDBG-CV Grant
Public Comment Instructions
Public Comment – Written
Members of the public may provide written public comment by submitting it to the email@example.com email address. The Orange County Board of Commissioners, County Manager, County Attorney and Clerk to the Board, will be copied on all of the emails that are submitted.
Public Comment – Verbal
(for Items not on the Agenda, Agenda Items and Public Hearings)
Members of the public will be asked to contact the Clerk to the Board using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 3:00 PM on the day of the meeting and indicate they wish to speak during the meeting.
When submitting the request to speak, include the following:
• The date of the meeting
• The agenda item (example: 5-a) you wish to speak on
• Your name, address, email and phone number
Prior to the meeting, speakers will be emailed Zoom access information and instructions on how to make comments during the live meeting.