One way residents can have a positive impact on the future of Orange County is to serve on a volunteer board or commission. The Orange County Board of Commissioners is currently recruiting applicants for the following boards and commissions: Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee
– There are currently five (5) At-Large vacancies. Affordable Housing Advisory Board –
There are currently three (3) At-Large vacancies. Agricultural Preservation Board
– There is currently one (1) position open for a representative of the Cedar Grove Voluntary Agricultural District. Animal Services Advisory Board
– There is currently one (1) position open for an individual that resides within the Town Limits of Chapel Hill, one (1) position open for an individual that resides within the Town Limits of Carrboro, and one (1) position open for an individual representing a for-profit business located in Orange County focused on companion or recreational animal welfare (e.g. pet supply stores, kennels, grooming salons, dog walking businesses, etc.). Board of Equalization and Review
– There are currently five (5) Alternate positions open. Human Relations Commission
– There is currently one (1) At-Large vacancy and one (1) vacancy for a person residing in the Town of Chapel Hill. Nursing Home Community Advisory Committee
– There are currently five (5) At-Large vacancies. Orange Unified Transportation Board
– There is currently one (1) vacancy for a resident of Little River Township, and one (1) vacancy for a resident of Cedar Grove Township.
To learn more about the roles and responsibilities for each board, click here
If interested, apply at www.orangecountync.gov/Apply
Orange County strives for authentically diverse representation on volunteer boards and commissions. Residents of all demographic backgrounds, identities, and perspectives are encouraged to apply. Applicants must reside in Orange County. Volunteers appointed by the Board of County Commissioners have the opportunity to directly influence the County’s decisions, policies, and priorities.
For additional information contact Tara May at 919-245-2125 or email@example.com