Persons required to file Campaign Disclosure Reports with the Orange County Board of Elections are candidates for:
- All Joint Fundraiser Committees must file Campaign Disclosure Reports, regardless of amounts spent or received
- Board of Education Members
- Clerk of Superior Court
- County Commissioners
- Mayors and City/Town Council Members/Commissioner Members
- Referenda committees and PACs influencing issues strictly within the confines of Orange County
- Register of Deeds
- Soil and Water Conservation District Supervisors
Candidates with intentions of spending and/or receiving $1000 or less, or with intentions of not spending any money other than the filing fee to run for office, will file a Certification of Threshold in lieu of Campaign Disclosure Reports.
All other candidates running for offices not listed above, and all state PACS and Referenda committees must file Campaign Disclosure Reports with the State Board of Elections rather than the Orange County Board of Elections.