Land Records/GIS is responsible for maintaining property information used in public inquiry and legal research. Land Records/GIS uses public documents to create and maintain the official index of property ownership in the County. Land Records/GIS handles the geoographic inoformation systems for Orange County.
- Addresses are obtained by contacting the addressing authority for each address jurisdiction. In the County jurisdiction your new address is assigned when you apply for a building permit or when your road name changes. You can call the following numbers to obtain information on new or existing addresses:
- Orange County (919) 245-2500
- Carrboro (919) 918-7328
- Chapel Hill (919) 969-5066
- Hillsborough (919) 732-1270 X86
- Mebane (919) 563-9990
- Road Naming and Addressing Ordinance Information
- Road Naming and Addressing Ordinance (PDF)
- Property Ownership and History Inquiry (PIN App) - Search tool to provide ownership information for properties. Tool also includes history of property and ownership. Can be used in conjunction with Register of Deeds Document Inquiry to conduct detailed research on property and history. Formerly known as Property Information Search Page.
- Orange County Interactive GIS Mapping Systems - Interactive mapping system with options for viewing all of Orange County or zooming down to specific parcels.
- Orange Address Database - The address search offers search by PIN, TMBL, Street Name (with a selection list of all Orange County streets), or Place (with a selection list of subdivisions, condominiums, and common area names).
- Cross Reference Tool for TMBL and Tract - This tool is provided to assist the public in finding Parcel Identification Numbers (PIN) based on TMBLs or Tracts. Orange County uses the PIN as the official tracking mechanism for all parcels. As of October 1, 2010, Orange County no longer assigns TMBL or Tract numbers to parcels.
- Search Address Related Information (ARIES) – Search for services and public information related to your address (ARIES).
- Download GIS Data - Download Orange County GIS data files and aerial photos.