Is your family prepared for a tornado, hurricane, flood, or other disaster?
Here is what you will need to make your own emergency supply kit.
Make a Plan
Disasters rarely strike on your schedule so it is important to have a plan in advance. Your plan should include things like:
- What are the safe places to seek shelter in your home?
- How will you contact your family, friends, neighbors?
- What should you do in various disaster situations (hurricane, tornado, fire, flood, etc...)?
Visit Ready.gov for a downloadable plan and other helpful information to make sure you are ready in advance.
- FEMA - Federal Emergency Management Agency
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- SNS - CDC's Strategic National Stockpile
- Orange County Emergency Services
For more information contact:
Public Health Preparedness Coordinator