GOTRIANGLE CREATES TRANSIT CITIZEN ADVISORY COMMITTEE
ORANGE COUNTY, NC (November 7, 2017) – Orange County is seeking volunteers with insight and ideas on improving area public transportation.
GoTriangle is creating a new Transit Citizen Advisory Committee. Thirty members will represent the counties of Wake, Durham and Orange. There will be seven representatives for Orange County, with four recommended by the Orange County Board of Commissioners and three selected by GoTriangle.
Committee members will:
- Provide advice and feedback to the GoTriangle Board of Trustees during planning for public transportation systems.
- Offer views of constituent groups.
- Suggest how transit can assist with equity issues, such as homelessness, affordable housing, economic opportunity and living with disabilities.
- Provide information regarding the customer experience of transit riders.
- Communicate stakeholder opinions, attitudes and needs to the board, identify areas of concern and recommend changes.
Area residents who wish to serve on the committee have until December 18, 2017, to apply.
A news release with additional information on the committee and a link to the application can be found on the GoTriangle website under news.
# # #