Proposed Efland Zoning Overlay Districts
As a result of, and consistent with, the Efland-Mebane Small Area Plan, Orange County is proposing to add two new zoning overlay districts to the Zoning Atlas (Map) and make accompanying text changes to the Unified Development Ordinance and Comprehensive Plan.
A public hearing on these proposed amendments was held on Monday, February 24, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. at the Department of Social Services located at 113 Mayo Street in Hillsborough, North Carolina.
As a result of comments made at the public hearing, a Public Information Meeting was held on Monday, April 7, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. in the cafeteria of Efland Cheeks Elementary School. The school is located at 4401 Fuller Road in Efland. Links to the public information meeting materials are below.
If you have questions about the proposal after viewing the materials on this website, you may contact Perdita Holtz in the Orange County Planning Department by phone at (919) 245-2575 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will assist you.
The links below are information regarding this proposed action:
- Black & white map of Proposed Overlay Districts
- Map of Proposed Overlay Districts, including underlying zoning districts
- Question and Answer Document
- Short Synopsis of Proposed New Regulations and Differences from Existing Regulations
- Proposed Amendments to Text of the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) and Comprehensive Plan
- Map Showing Geographic Relationship Between the Proposed Overlay Districts and the Existing Efland-Cheeks Overlay District (ECOD)
The February quarterly public hearing materials are available: http://orangecountync.gov/OCCLERKS/agenmenu.asp
Materials used/distributed at the public information meeting:
- PowerPoint Presentation
- Chart listing proposed standards and explanation/rationale
- Adopted Future Land Use Map