Wi-Fi to Go
Got Bad Internet?
Consider borrowing a Wi-Fi hotspots from the library.
Check Out Periods
If you have a library card in good standing, you may borrow a hotspot for three (3) weeks. Two (2) renewals are available if no one else is waiting. You may use your library card to place a hold or to renew a hotspot. We do ask that you limit one hotspot per family.
Returning -- Not in the book drop, please!
Bring the hotspot to any library location during open hours with all of its original packing and accessories. Please fully charge the battery before you return the device.
- Borrowing and using the hotspot is free! However, if you exceed allowed data limits, the library will bill you via your library account.
- If the hotspot becomes lost, has missing parts or is damaged beyond repair, a $65 fee will be charged to your library account.
- Resetting or changing any confirmation of the hotspots will require library staff to reconfigure the device. A $5 charge will be added to your account and you may be blocked from future use of the WiFi to Go service.
Library Hotspots Cannot
- Send/receive text messages.
- Travel outside of the continental U.S. If additional data fees are charged to the hotspot, the fees will be added to your library account.
If the Hotspot
- Prompts you to update the software, please do so. The software upgrade process only takes a few minutes.
- Displays a message that said "Data Limit Reached," the service provider (Verizon) may have limited the amount of data its network will carry when there is network congestion. The library does not receive notice when this occurs, and there is no "fix" other than to wait until the congestion period is over.
You can access full documentation for the hotspots on the Verizon website. However, because the devices are already activated and configured, you may find few of the articles helpful.
Call and speak with one of our librarians at 919.245.2525 (Hillsborough) or 919.969.3006 (Carrboro) during regular business hours.