- Boards & Commissions A - H
- Adult Care Home Advisory Committee
Adult Care Home Advisory Committee
- 4:00 p.m.
- April 5, 2022
- August 2, 2022
- November 1, 2022
- Seymour Center
2551 Homestead Rd.
Chapel Hill, NC 27516
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Site Visit Reports
The Adult Care Home Community Advisory Committee conducts quarterly site visits. Orange County adult care home reports are available online for three years. For older reports, please email Beverly Shuford or call 919-245-2023.
View Most Recent Adult Care Home Site Visit Reports
Visit the Orange County Volunteer Boards and Commissions page for information about the Adult Care Home Advisory Committee's members and terms.
Interested in becoming a member? Click here for more information.
For questions about membership or the application process, please call (919) 245-4253.
- Work to maintain the intent of the Residents’ Bill of Rights and ensure quality care for long term care residents.
- Promote community involvement and cooperation within long term care facilities.
- Conduct quarterly visits in adult care homes and nursing homes in the county and annually visit all family care homes in the county.
- Apprise itself of the general condition under which persons are residing in the homes and work for the best interests of the persons in the homes. This may include assisting persons who have grievances with the home and facilitating the resolution of grievances at the local level.
- Prepare reports as required by the Department of Health and Human Services containing an appraisal of the problems of facilities as well as issues affecting long term care in general.
For more information, check out the Essential Guide to the Adult Care Home and Nursing Home Long Term Care Community Advisory Committees (PDF).