Eat Smart Move More
Eat Smart, Move More
Tips & Strategies for Moving More
- Move more every day to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
- Move more, one step at a time
- The more you move the better for you.
Some suggested strategies to help you move more include:
- Organize a lunch walk.
- Promote a different physical activity each week. Examples: take the stairs week, walk to lunch week, yoga after work week.
- Organize a community service day that involves physical activity. Examples: work in a community garden, habitat for humanity, or volunteer at a food bank.
- Create a walking challenge between different sections. The team with the most steps/miles logged at the end of the challenge wins. Access the walking logs.
About Eat Smart, Move More Orange County
Eat Smart, Move More Orange County promotes increased opportunities for healthy eating and physical activity where people live, learn, earn, play, and pray. Healthy Carolinians of Orange County launched Eat Smart, Move More Orange County to reduce the growing problem of family obesity. The campaign uses messages and materials from the statewide Eat Smart, Move More North Carolina campaign to deliver consistent nutrition and physical activity messages in our community. Several organizations in the county have pledged to help residents (individuals and families) think differently about what they eat and how much they move using the following messages:
- Enjoy More Fruits and Vegetables
- Right-Size Your Portions
- Tame the Tube and Get Moving
- Choose to Move More Every Day
- Re-Think Your Drink
- Prepare More Meals at Home
Click each box below for healthy eating and activity tips:
- Healthy Carolinians of Orange County
- Eat Smart, Move More North Carolina
- Physical Activity and Nutrition Resource Guides: English | Spanish
- Orange County Recreation Map
- Orange County Health Department Nutrition Services Program
- Go! Chapel Hill (Alternative Transporation Program)
Healthy Carolinians of Orange County