Other Establishment Types
In addition to food service establishments, child care centers, schools, and swimming pools, the Environmental Health Division also inspects the following operations:
- Adult Care Facilities
- This refers to institutional facilities that provide in-patient care also known as a rest home or assisted living facility.
- Rules for Adult Care Facilities
- Adult Day Service Facilities are establishments which provides an organized program of services including a meal, for adults during the day in a community group setting and for which a license is maintained under the jurisdiction of the NC Division of Health Service Regulation, Acute and Home Care Licensure and Certification Section. also known as adult day care services, adult day health services, psychosocial rehabilitation programs and other day programs which do not provide overnight accommodations.
Photo Credit: Erin Wiltgen / News of Orange
- Local Confinement refers to the facility managed by the county for the housing of confined persons awaiting trial or transfer to another facility.
- Lodging Establishments
- Residential Care Facilities
- This refers to care facilities provide room or board and for which a license is maintained under the jurisdiction of the NC Division of Health Service Regulation, Acute and Home Care Licensure and Certification Section.
- Summer Camps come in various facility types.
- Tattoo Artists