Orange County Solid Waste has announced that homeowners impacted by the storms that hit Orange County on April 5 are eligible to have their solid waste disposal fees waived when bringing storm-related debris to the Orange County Landfill.
The following applies:
If a resident used the County’s landfill located at 1514 Eubanks Road to dispose of material due to the April storm event, they can request a reimbursement of the fees paid. This only applies to residents located within the impacted area. Residents that are still removing debris as a result of the storm and would like to have the fees waived must:
- Call or Email the Department to request a waiver and receive a unique ID number
- Live within the identified impacted area
- Adhere to the size limits for logs
- Maximum of 12 feet in length
- Maximum of 14 inches in diameter
If tractor-trailers are being used, the hauler will be responsible for offloading the material without assistance.
The resident or designated hauler must provide the unique ID number at the weigh station when delivering material to the landfill or tip fees may apply.
How to apply
Impacted residents may call Solid Waste Management at (919) 968-2788 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a waiver. Please include the street address of the property. Residents who have already disposed of storm-related debris at the county landfill may contact SWM to request a refund.
Types of debris accepted
- Construction and demolition waste
- Yard Waste and Clean wood
- Scrap Metal and large appliances