Emotional & Social Wellbeing
Music Therapy for Parkinson's
Appointments available with Ossia Music Therapy
Online Activities for Alzheimer's
Daily afternoon programs designed for people experiencing memory changes from the Alzheimer's Foundation of America
View live or archived videos on Facebook
Virtual Bookclub - The Sellout, by Paul Beatty
- Tuesday, April 28 at 6:30pm
- Call the OC Public Library at 919-245-2525 for more information
Caregiver Support Groups
Available via GoToMeeting. Register one day prior to the meeting. To register, please call 919-968-2087 or email email@example.com
. Contact Kim
for more information.
Memory CafeAvailable via GoToMeeting. Register one day prior to the meeting. To register, please call 919-968-2087 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Kim for more information.
- Thursday, April 9 at 1pm
- Thursday, April 23 at 1pm
- Friday, April 24 at 10:30am
Parkinson's Support Group
- Tuesday, April 7 at 2:30pm
- Monday, April 13 at 2pm
Available via Zoom - contact Jessica Shurer
(919-843-1657) for more information
- Tuesday, April 7 at 1:30pm
- First hour - presentation from Dr. Daniel Roque, movement disorders specialist at UNC, regarding utilizing telehealth and FAQs/considerations regarding Parkinson’s and the coronavirus.
- Last 30 minutes - open group discussion around coping with the uncertainties and anxieties of this strange time and reflecting on what is in our control.
Online Caregiver Support
Fit & Healthy at Home
At-home exercise options from the OCDoA Wellness Program
Pilates & Yoga for Parkinson's
Online videos from Poe Wellness Solutions
Online Rock Steady Boxing
Sam Ray, a physical therapist at Upright Athlete in Durham, will be offering online Rock Steady Boxing classes
Mondays and Wednesday; 10:00-10:45AM; via ZOOM
Contact Sam (email@example.com or 919-937-9607) to sign up, for more info, or for help getting the app ready.
Dance for Parkinson's At Home
Online classes and archived videos available from Dance for PD
On Demand classes, health tips, and workout videos. You will need your SilverSneakers Membership number to sign in.
Silver & Fit
Facebook Page with live and archived workout videos. Live workouts are offered daily at 1pm