Orange County Emergency Operations
seeking donations for COVID relief
The Orange County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is requesting donations of non-perishable food to support the COVID-19 response. Many of our community members have temporarily lost jobs and income and need your help. We know our community members want to support this effort, and we have created a safe, no-contact way for you to help.
We are not asking the community to go out to shop for these items, but rather to donate materials that you already have.
We do NOT want:
- Non-perishable, unopened food (canned, boxed, bagged, etc)
- NO frozen or refrigerated items
- NO homemade foods
- Unopened hand sanitizer
- Pet supplies
- Clean leashes, collars, toys
- Unopened food - dry or canned
- Unopened, in-date flea/tick medications
- Baby and child care items
- In-date, unopened baby formula and food
- Diaper packs. Prefer unopened packs.
- Unopened wet wipes
- Perishable, frozen or refrigerated food items
- Homemade human or pet foods
- Prescription or OTC drugs/supplements
Locations and hours
- Carrboro Town Hall: 301 W Main St, Carrboro
- Hillsborough Town Hall Annex: 105 E Corbin St, Hillsborough
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Call (919) 245-6111 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No contact donations
No donor should leave their car. Put donations in the trunk/hatch or pickup bed. A volunteer will take donations out of the vehicle.
These sites are for donations only. No distribution will be allowed from these sites.
The donated items will go to a central sorting and storage facility to be accessed by existing community non-profit feeding partners, such as food pantries, Meals on Wheels, and other partners providing food services to the community.
Other options to donate
- If you have items to donate but don’t wish to drive to a drop-off location, please fill out this form and we will send someone to you to collect them.
- Monetary donations can be made through the Orange County Community Giving Fund. Please choose the School Supplies and Food Pantry option from the pulldown menu.