Virtual Public Outreach Meeting on the Buckhorn Area Plan Study set for May 17
Orange County Planning is hosting a virtual meeting Monday, May 17, from 6-8 p.m., pertaining to the continuation of coordinated efforts between Orange County and the City of Mebane on the Buckhorn Area Plan (a.k.a. Buckhorn Study). The purpose of the public outreach meeting is to:
- Continue engagement with the community as a follow-up to previous Buckhorn Area Plan Study meetings;
- Communicate that Areas “A” and “B” are to be the focus for outreach and planning coordination between Orange County and the City of Mebane;
- Provide additional context for Outreach Focus Areas “A” and “B”; and
- Collect public comments and common questions to guide the development of a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document for public and BOCC information.
Following a brief staff presentation, participants will be asked to provide comments and questions, which will be used to guide the development of an FAQ document. Participants must register for the meeting in advance, which will generate the Zoom invite with the link to join, here
The Orange County BOCC will receive a report on comments and questions collected, as well as the final FAQ document, at its Business Meeting on June 1, 2021. Public input will help guide the BOCC in determining any next steps.
For those individuals who may not have internet access, there are phone options available to join the meetings. Please contact Ms. Tina Love, Planning and Inspections Department Administrative Support, at (919) 245-2575 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
for information on how to call-in to either meeting.
Additional information, including background information on the study as well as the hyperlink for registration to this meeting can be found on the Planning Department’s website under the ‘Current Interest Projects’
tab at https://www.orangecountync.gov/792/Planning-Inspections
You may also contact staff during regular business hours via email or phone:
- Tom Altieri, Comprehensive Planning Supervisor, at (919) 245-2579; or
- Tom Ten Eyck, Transportation/Land Use Planner, at (919) 245-2567.