Orange County Board of Commissioners
Business Meeting Agenda for September 20, 2022
The agenda for the Orange County Board of Commissioners’ business meeting on Tuesday, September 20, 2022 has been posted to the link below.
For a link to each agenda item as a separate file, please use the link below.
September 20, 2022
Richard Whitted Meeting Facility
Viewable on the link below
4. Proclamations/ Resolutions/ Special Presentations
a. Resolution Authorizing the Installation of a Historical Marker on the Southeast Corner of the Historic Courthouse Lawn
The Board will consider the approval of a resolution authorizing the installation of a historical marker on the southeast corner of the lawn at the Historic Courthouse.
b. Resolution Apologizing for Past Racial Terror Lynching
The Board will consider the approval of a resolution:
1) acknowledging criminal acts of racial terror lynching that occurred across the United States in the aftermath of the Civil War and from Reconstruction through the middle of the twentieth century, and specifically acts that occurred in Orange County;
2) apologizing to all victims of racial terror lynching in Orange County perpetrated or condoned by past Orange County elected officials; and
3) expressing deepest sympathies to the families and descendants for all women and men who were murdered by racial terror lynching, and for the denial of their dignity and basic human rights.
c. Proclamation Designating September 2022 as Suicide Prevention Month
The Board will consider:
1) Approving a proclamation designating September 2022 as Suicide Prevention Month in Orange County; and
2) Promoting the upcoming Suicide Prevention & Awareness Walk “Path for Hope” scheduled for Thursday, September 29, 2022, 6:30pm – 8pm, Leigh Farm Park located at 370 Leigh Farm Road, Durham, NC 27707, just north of NC 54 at the I-40 Intersection.
6. Regular Agenda
a. Authorization to Release a Request for Proposals for Strategic Planning Services and Defining the Board’s Role in the Selection Process
The Board will review and consider authorizing the release of a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a consultant to facilitate a comprehensive, Countywide Strategic Plan, and define the role the Board will serve in the consultant selection process.
a. 2022-27 Orange County Master Aging Plan Presentation
The Board will receive a presentation on the 2022-27 Orange County Master Aging Plan (MAP).
8. Consent Agenda
b. Acceptance of NC Agriculture Development and Farmland Preservation Trust Fund Grant – Poteat Family Farm
c. Amendment to the Water and Sewer Facilities Agreement with the Town of Hillsborough
d. Advisory Boards and Commissions - Appointments