Orange County Board of Commissioners
Business Meeting Agenda for December 12, 2023
The agenda for the Orange County Board of Commissioners’ business meeting on Tuesday, December 12, 2023 has been posted to the link below.
For a link to each agenda item as a separate file, please use the link below.
December 12, 2023
Southern Human Services Center
Viewable on the link below
6. Regular Agenda
a. Opioid Advisory Committee Settlement Use Recommendations and Approval of Budget Amendment #4-B
The Board will:
1) receive an update on the Opioid Advisory Committee and recommendations from the Committee regarding the use of Opioid Settlement Funds that support Option A of the Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) on the Allocation and Use of Opioid Settlement Funds in North Carolina;
2) consider approving the attached resolution regarding the expenditure of Opioid Settlement Funds; and
3) approving Budget Amendment #4-B.
b. Community Climate Action Grant (CCAG) – FY 2023-24 Project Selection for General Applicants and Schools
The Board will:
1) receive the grant project funding recommendations from the Commission for the Environment (CFE) and the Human Relations Commission (HRC) for the FY 2023-24 Orange County Community Climate Action Grant Program; and
2) consider approving funding for the recommended Community Climate Action Grant projects for FY 2023-24 as outlined in the attached report.
c. BOCC Boards and Commissions Assignments
The Board will select the boards and commissions Board members would like to serve on in 2024.
a. Discussion on School and County Capital Planning and Financing Scenarios
The Board will review and discuss financing scenarios related to implementing the long range County Facility Plan and the School Long Range Facilities Optimization Plan and to provide direction to staff on adjustments to the financing scenarios defined in this abstract with the goal of adopting a preferred plan of finance by the end of January 2024.
8. Consent Agenda
b. Property Tax Release/Refund
c. Late Application for Property Tax Exemption/Exclusion
d. Fiscal Year 2023-24 Budget Amendment #4
e. North Carolina Governor’s Highway Safety Program: Orange County Sheriff’s Office Police Traffic Services and Approval of Budget Amendment #4-A
f. Approval of Participation in Conservation Easement – Terry Road Farm, LLC
g. Amendments to the Orange County Staff Working Group (SWG) By-Laws and Operating Procedures
h. Approval of the Orange County Transportation Services Public Involvement Plan
i. Computer Surplus Declaration and Donation to Triangle Ecycling
j. Request for Road Additions to the State Maintained Secondary Road System for Red Maple Lane and Eno Ridge Drive in the Cates Landing Subdivision
k. Construction Contract with HGS, LLC T/A RES Environmental Operating Company, LLC for the Gravelly Hill Middle School (GHMS) Stormwater Wetland Retrofit Project