Teen Advisory Group
The Teen Advisory Group (TAG) is a group of teens who work to make the library . TAG is a great way to earn community service hours and to help choose and plan activities and programs at the library.
TAG is on pause and applications for the Spring session will be available starting in January 2024
How TAG Works
TAG runs for a few months twice a year. Session 1 runs from February through May and Session 2 runs from August through November. Space in TAG is limited, so you have to apply for each session. During a session, TAG meets as a group (over snacks) once a month on a Wednesday from 5:15-6:30 in the Library’s Teen Room. Meetings include discussions on what the Group wants to see in the library, planning for events, and working together to make the library a safe, comfortable, and inviting place for teens. In between meetings, members can work with the Teen Librarian to schedule time for volunteer hours. TAG members are encouraged to come to the various teen events to help out and have fun.
What We Do
- Create a welcoming teen area and displays about library materials that other teens may be interested in
- Plan and implement teen programs
- Promote reading and expression for and by teens
- Recommend items for the library’s collections
- Keep the teen opportunities bulletin board up to date
Benefits to Joining
- Use the experience on job applications
- Be creative and express yourself through projects and activities
- Enjoy personal satisfaction in serving your community and other teenagers
- Fulfill high school service learning requirements
- Have fun and food at meetings and events
- Make the library a great place for teens
Requirements and Expectations
- Be in 8th grade or higher
- Commit to attending meetings and events
- Complete tasks with direction and on your own
- Be an active member in meetings
- Be respectful of others and their views/opinions
- Get your parent’s/guardian’s permission
- Have a desire to help the library reach out to our community’s teens
- Commit to at least 4 service hours every month at the library.
- Monthly meetings county towards this requirement.
For more information, call 919.245.2525.