THE PASSPORT OFFICE WILL BEGIN PROCESSING APPLICATIONS ON JANUARY 3rd 2022. PLEASE CALL 919-245-2681 TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT.
For questions pertaining to passports please email: ROD_Passports@orangecountync.gov
All applicants submitting passport application Forms DS 11 must:
- Appear in person
- Provide a recent 2 inches by 2 inches high quality photo (we offer this service for $15 per applicant)
- Submit proof of identity (valid driver’s license, military ID, other government issued ID)
- Submit proof of U.S. citizenship (birth certificate, expired passport, naturalization certificate)
Please contact our office for additional requirements of applicants under the age of 18.
Two separate payments will be required:
- The completed application fee is payable to the U.S. Department of State by personal check, or money order (no cash, credit or debit cards)
- The execution fee ($35) and photo fee ($15) are payable to the OCROD by cash, credit card or money order
Please visit the U.S. Department of State's website, for applications and detailed information on obtaining a passport.
Renewals can be done by mail if requirements are met. (http://travel.state.gov/passport/renew.html)
Hours & Contact
Hours of Passport Acceptance (Appointments are required) Monday through Friday (except holidays) 9:00 am - 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
You may call 919-245-2681 to schedule an appointment