The 12 Triangle partner governments that collaborated to organize Solarize the Triangle are set to launch a second time-limited campaign to make solar energy and battery storage more affordable for homeowners, businesses, and nonprofits located in 12 Triangle communities.
This special community event will take place on Monday, May 15, at Hi-Wire Brewing in Durham. Free and open to the public, the launch celebration will be open from 6-8 pm.
The 2023 version of the Solarize program is hosted by the Triangle Sustainability Partnership, a local government coalition. More than 180 home and business owners ultimately signed contracts to purchase renewable energy systems for their properties through the Partnership's 2022 program, which concluded in March 2023. During the coming months, Solarize the Triangle again will offer an opportunity for local residents and businesses to purchase solar energy at discounted group rates.
Persons attending the Solarize '23 debut event at 800 Taylor St. in Durham will find:
- Representatives from the Partnership that developed Solarize the Triangle;
- Experts in solar energy from the locally selected installer company chosen via competitive bidding;
- Details about the benefits of solar energy and battery storage;
- Special prices, refreshments, and drawings for attendees; and
- Information about how one can enroll for a free solar energy assessment of their residence or place of business via Solarize the Triangle.
In addition to attending, media are invited to interviews before/after the opening event in Durham. Solarize the Triangle is now accepting enrollment for the upcoming program. Interested residents may visit SolarizetheTriangle.com to learn more and sign up for a free evaluation without obligation.