Orange County Tax Administration
Orange County 2023 Property Tax Bills Should be Paid by January 5, 2024
2023 Orange County property tax bills were mailed on August 1, 2023 and are due September 1, 2023. 2023 Property Taxes are delinquent after January 5, 2024.
Interest in the amount of 2% will be added to the amount past due on January 6, 2024 and additional interest in the amount of 0.75% is added at the first of each month that the taxes remain unpaid per North Carolina General Statutes 105-360(a).
Please be advised that delinquent taxes are currently being pursued through garnishment of wages, attachment of bank deposits, levy on personal property, or foreclosure on real property. These remedies are available to the Tax Collector by the North Carolina General Statutes. The Orange County Tax Collector reserves the right to use any enforced collection action available and to charge the taxpayer all additional statutory collection fees. Please contact the tax office at 919-245-2100 or email@example.com to set up payment arrangements if necessary.
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE PAYMENTS CAN BE MADE SEVERAL WAYS:
- Online by Card or E-Check go to PayIt
- DROP BOX located outside our office door at the Gateway Center, 228 South Churton Street, Hillsborough
- By mail to Orange County Tax Office, PO Box 8181, Hillsborough, NC 27278
- Phone payments by Card (919-583-6137), a convenience fee is charged by a third party
- In person at the Gateway Center, 228 South Churton Street, Hillsborough. We accept payment by credit card, check, cash, ApplePay, and GooglePay in person.
Data Validation Forms mailed mid-March
In preparation for our 2025 revaluation, the Orange County Tax office is asking property owners for assistance in reviewing the data that we have on your property for accuracy. To do this, we have mailed out Data Validation forms (PDF) with information about the property and we ask that if you see any errors that you return the form to us with the corrections. This can be done in person, through the mail, email or online.