Beverage Licenses

Orange County Tax Office issues a beverage license in accordance with NCGS 105-113.70.


Beverage license:

  • A business that serves beer and wine must have a County license before opening for business.
  • A copy of your North Carolina State ABC License is required for our office to issue your County license for the first time. A copy of your temporary NC State ABC License is acceptable.
  • All licenses expire April 30, no matter what date the license is issued. The license must be renewed each year for a fee.
  • If your business is located in the city limits of Hillsborough, Chapel Hill, or Carrboro, you may be required to purchase a beer and wine license from them as well. Contact information is provided: