Current Property Auctions
In Rem Foreclosures
Next Sale Date: MARCH 13, 2019 @ 12:01PM
To be held at the Orange County Courthouse Steps,
106 E. Margaret Lane, Hillsborough, NC 27278
ALL PROPERTIES ARE SOLD IN 'AS IS' CONDITION. INTERESTED PARTIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO RESEARCH ALL PROPERTIES THOROUGHLY PRIOR TO SALE AND BEFORE BIDDING ON A PROPERTY.
- Properties sold may be subject to IRS Tax Liens, City/County Taxes for any years not covered under our judgment, and other restrictions of record.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale.
- PURCHASER WILL RECEIVE A NON-WARRANTED SHERIFF'S DEED UPON COMPLETION OF THE SALE.
- The deed description may include portions of land that have already been sold off by the current owner and are NOT subject to the sale.
- If a bidder fails to follow through with their winning bid, the bidder will forfeit the deposit and the property will be resold. If the next bid is less than the original winning bid, a default judgment will be entered against the defaulting bidder for the loss.
- THIS IS A BUYER BEWARE SALE. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. WE OFFER THE PROPERTIES ON A 'WHERE IS' AND 'AS IS' BASIS. THE COUNTY MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. IT IS THE BUYER'S RESPONSIBILITY TO INVESTIGATE THE PROPERTY PRIOR TO BIDDING. Anyone considering buying property at a tax foreclosure sale should be aware that there is a risk.The County does not guarantee or provide any warranty.
- It is your responsibility to research and obtain information regarding the property, prior to the sale!! It is important to note that the deed description of the property or properties contained in this ad may or may not be the exact description of what is actually being sold. The property to be sold is that property contained in the deed description SAVE AND EXCEPT ANY CONVEYANCES OF RECORD. In other words, the deed description may include portions of land that have been sold off by the current owner, portions that are NOT subject to the sale.
- It is the High Bidders responsibility to check on the status of his/her Upset Bid with the Orange County Clerk of Court.
- Notice of Upset Bids will be mailed by first class mail in accordance with NCGS 1-339-64: however, we advise you to check the status of current bids REGULARLY during the Upset Bid process.
Below is a list of properties currently being foreclosed: All are sold subject to 2019 taxes that are not covered under this judgment.
· PIN #9778876328, County of Orange v. Jean J. Williams – File # 18 M 291; Legal Description: BEGINNINGat an iron pin located in the eastern edge of North Greensboro Street, saidpoint of beginning lying in the northern edge projected of an alley which runsalong and with the edge of property of Southern States Cooperative, Inc.;running thence from said point of beginning with the eastern edge of NorthGreensboro Street North 03° 36’ East 107.84 feet to an iron pin, corner withthe Chan Property, running thence South 86° 45’ East and passing across a newiron set at the curb of North Greensboro Street 147.40 feet to an iron stake,corner with property S.S.C.. Inc.; running thence along and with the westernline of S.S.C. Inc. South 04° 17’ 30” West 109.45 feet to an iron stake locatedin the northern edge of an alley; running thence North 86° 07’ 30” West andpassing across a new iron set at the curb of North Greensboro Street 146.10feet to an iron pin, the point and place of BEGINNING, and containing 15,942square feet, more or less, and being as shown on plat and survey by Robert J.Ayers, Registered Surveyor, dated April 22, 1987 and entitled “Harold M.Williams Homeplace”, and as recorded in Plat Book 48 at Page 56, OrangeRegistry, reference being herby made to said plat for a more particulardescription. Title to the property described above is subject to all restrictions,easements, rights of way, agreements and utilities of record. (PIN#9778876328, see Book 692 Page 453 Orange County Registry) Starting Bid $22,000 subject to change.
· PIN #9778955040, County of Orange v. Suntrust Bank; DianeRobinson (interest owner) – File # 18 M307; Legal description: All that certain lot or parcel of landsituated, lying and being on the West side of Wesley Street in the Town ofCarrboro, NC, and known and designated as Lot No. 15 of CARR COURT, as surveyedand plotted by J. Ralph Weaver, Registered Surveyor, on June 23, 1954, plot ofwhich is on file in the office of the Register of Deeds of Orange County, andwhich is more particularly described as BEGINNING at a stake in the Westproperty line of the said Street, the Southeast corner of Lot No. 14, runningthence along the West property line of Wesley Street, South 1° East 51 feet toa stake, the Northeast corner of Lot No. 16; running thence with the line ofsaid lot West 110.5 feet to a stake in the line of the property of PacificMills; running thence with the said company’s property line, North 3° 18’ West51 feet to a stake, the Southwest corner of Lot No. 14; running thence with theline of said lot East 114 feet to the BEGINNING, and being the same landconveyed to Robert C. Brooks and his wife, by Deed of Harry D. Andrews and hiswife, dated April 14,1955, and recorded in the office of the Orange CountyRegister of Deeds in Book 154, page 38. Forfurther reference see Plat Book 5 page 43, Orange County Register of Deeds. (PIN# 9778955040 See Deed Book 2590 Page 219 Orange CountyRegister of Deeds) Starting Bid $23,000 subject to change.