The Emergency Services Department dispatches ambulances upon request and provides emergency services.
The Revenue and Collections Division of the Tax Office collects for these services. In addition, Revenue and Collections collects other bills resulting from Fire Inspections, HazMat, and Emergency Services Attendance of Special Events for the Emergency Services Department.
For assistance with an ambulance bill please contact the Tax Office at 919-245-2100 option 3
Bill Payment Options
- Payment can be made by cash, check, money order and debit or credit cards.
- DUE TO COVID-19 Pay in person BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Tax Office located in Hillsborough. Call 919-245-2100 option 3 to schedule and appointment.
- Pay with debit/credit cards by phone at 1-844-435-3981. When prompted for 22-digit bill number, please use your Run Number instead.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover (fees apply to debit/credit card payments).
- Some Visa Debit for Tax Payments Only: Flat Fee of $3.95
- Credit and Other Debit Card Transactions: 2.5% of Payment Amount, Minimum $2.00.
Payment is due 30 days after the billing date.
Ambulance Billing Payment Assistance
If you have received a bill for Orange County ambulance service you may be eligible for assistance in paying the bill. Please see the chart provided to determine if your income is 200% or less of the 2015 Federal Poverty Guideline according to your household size. If your income does fall within the 200% or less category, please contact us for further assistance.
(*Fees- A convenience fee will be associated with credit or debit card transactions. This convenience fee is a charge assessed when a consumer pays with credit card rather than by cash, check or Automated Clearing House (ACH) transfer. Orange County has partnered with Point and Pay LLC to offer credit and debit card payment solutions to its taxpayers. This fee is paid to and retained by Point and Pay LLC for the use of its service . This fee is separate from your property tax amount, and Orange County does not receive any portion of the convenience fee.)