The Orange County Register of Deeds is scheduled to go live with a new software system on May 6. Training sessions for the public will be provided in our office on May 1st and 2nd, beginning at 2 p.m. each day.
Residents interested in attending one of the training sessions should contact Amy McLamb at email@example.com or (919) 245-2677 to reserve your seat.
The new software system will promote efficiency and allow us to deliver additional services using advanced technology:
- Get Certificate Now; providing the public with an avenue to obtain, for a fee, certified and uncertified copies of vital records through our website.
- Office kiosks for customers to enter data required for applying for marriage license.
- Fraud detection notification; this service provides an individual with email notifications when a document is recorded in the Register of Deeds office that matches their name (s).
- Historical documents dating back to the 1700s will be available to the public through our website. (July 2019)
- Escrow accounts for services provided by Orange County Register of Deeds.
- A link to documents from the GIS website.
- All images will be available on ONE website.
- Electronic Assignment of PINS on E-recordings; this service will eliminate the process of printing, saving time and money. (July 2019)