Because Orange County has been placed under an Excessive Heat Warning from 10 a.m. Saturday through 6 a.m. Sunday, several county facilities will remain open until 8 p.m. Saturday to help residents cope with the heat.
The following facilities will be open Saturday.
- Passmore Center in Hillsborough (open at 9 a.m.)
- Seymour Center in Chapel Hill (open at 8:30 a.m.)
- Main Library in Hillsborough (open at 9 a.m.)
- Rogers Road Community Center (open at 10 a.m.)
- Cedar Grove Community Center (open at 10 a.m.)
- Efland-Cheeks Community Center (open at 10 a.m.)
For more information about staying safe during excessive heat, visit: www.orangecountync.gov/2167/Surviving-extreme-heat.
Cooling Centers are facilities to provide a cool reprieve from extreme temperatures and are not shelters or designed for overnight stays. Patrons coming to these locations should bring their own food or water or have means to provide for their own nourishment.
Orange Public Transportation will assist with transport to cooling centers from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Contact 919-245-2008 to arrange transport.