The Orange County Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is requesting donations of non-perishable food to support the COVID-19 response. Many of our community members have temporarily lost jobs and income and need your help. We know our community members want to support this effort, and we have created a safe, no-contact way for you to help.
We are not asking the community to go out to shop for these items, but rather to donate materials that you already have.
- Non-perishable, unopened food (canned, boxed, bagged, etc)
- NO frozen or refrigerated items
- NO homemade foods
- Unopened hand sanitizer
- Pet supplies
- Clean leashes, collars, toys
- Unopened food - dry or canned
- Unopened, in-date flea/tick medications
- Baby and child care items
- In-date, unopened baby formula and food
- Diaper packs. Prefer unopened packs.
- Unopened wet wipes
We do NOT want:
- Perishable, frozen or refrigerated food items
- Homemade human or pet foods
- Prescription or OTC drugs/supplements
Locations and hours
- Carrboro Town Hall: 301 W Main St, Carrboro
- Hillsborough Town Hall Annex: 105 E Corbin St, Hillsborough
- Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Call (919) 245-6111 Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
No contact donations
No donor should leave their car. Put donations in the trunk/hatch or pickup bed. A volunteer will take donations out of the vehicle.
These sites are for donations only. No distribution will be allowed from these sites.
The donated items will go to a central sorting and storage facility to be accessed by existing community non-profit feeding partners, such as food pantries, Meals on Wheels, and other partners providing food services to the community.
Other options to donate
- If you have items to donate but don’t wish to drive to a drop-off location, please fill out this form and we will send someone to you to collect them.
- Monetary donations can be made through the Orange County Community Giving Fund. Please choose the School Supplies and Food Pantry option from the pulldown menu.