Orange County Parks and Recreation will make several operational adjustments beginning Thursday, May 28.
Our current changes, openings and closures include the following:
Currently Open Parks
Little River Park, Hollow Rock Nature Park, Blackwood Farm Park (Thurs-Sun) and Seven Mile Creek Natural Area remain open with limited facilities available.
- Click here for info about what features are open at these locations.
Changes Taking Effect on Thursday, May 28
Previously closed parks (Cedar Grove Park, Efland-Cheeks Park and Fairview Park) will open, with some park amenities. Each park will have recommended guidelines for intended use at these sites. We urge users to bring hand sanitizer and other supplies to disinfect surfaces before use.
OPEN Outdoor Parks Facilities
Parks and trails, with posted guidelines.
Restrooms at parks?will be opened, on a delayed basis. Please bring hand sanitizer as parks with port-a-lets have limited supplies.
- Individual picnic table and bench use with appropriate physical distancing
- When possible, disinfect picnic tables/benches before each use
- Advanced reservations of picnic shelters remain suspended until further notice
OPEN Park Amenities (drop-in play only)
Tennis courts (Fairview Park) - singles play only, with posted guidelines.
CLOSED Outdoor Park Amenities
- Athletic fields
- Basketball courts
- Outdoor volleyball courts
CLOSED Indoor Facilities
- All indoor recreation facilities remain closed, including gymnasiums, and facility rentals by outside groups are suspended.
- The Orange County Sportsplex pool is planning to open June 1 – check www.oc-sportsplex.com for specific details.
- Administrative office (telephone 919-245-2660 answered remotely)
Virtual Recreation Programs
Orange County is running several virtual recreation programs at this time. For the Recreation Division’s special virtual offerings please visit @OrangeCountyNCRec on FaceBook or www.orangecountync.gov.