VITA is an Orange County Volunteer Connect 55+ (VC 55+) volunteer program that provides FREE Federal and NC state income tax preparation to eligible individuals with low-to-moderate income, regardless of age or county of residence. The IRS and NC Department of Revenue have extended the tax filing deadline to May 17.
As Covid-19 continues to surge across the state and nation, we have made significant changes in our program in order to protect the health and safety of our volunteers and clients.
As of April 1, we have closed our Virtual VITA service and will provide only our DIY program and Drop-Off Services through May 6. Unfortunately, we are not able to assist foreign students this year.
- By appointment only through May 6
- Thursdays at the Seymour Center in Chapel Hill
- Wednesdays at the Passmore Center in Hillsborough
- Powered by TaxSlayer, free software to prepare & e-file your own taxes
- Get help from our certified volunteers by email through May 7
The Orange County VITA Service is part of the Department on Aging’s Volunteer Connect 55+ Program. Volunteers of any age are welcome. Over 70 volunteers participate in the VITA program each year.
- Click here to learn more and schedule an appointment.