Greene Tract Community Open House
Please join us for a Community Open House on the future of the Greene Tract. Two opportunities to participate are scheduled:
First meeting: In-Person Sunday, Nov. 7, from 2 to 4 p.m. at the RENA Community Center located at 101 Edgar Street. (rain date of Sunday, November 14th)
- Second meeting: Virtual meeting online Monday, Nov. 8, from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Participants must register for the session in advance. For those individuals who may not have internet access, there are phone options available to join. Participants may register at the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_2mqpi9kjSMyEfHJ-rVZbyQ
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Topics will include:
- Background and history of the Greene Tract
- Environmental Assessment
- Future development and land uses
- Next steps
Orange County, Carrboro, and Chapel Hill have been collaboratively planning for the future of the jointly owned 104-acre Greene Tract and permanent preservation of the Orange County owned 60-acre Headwaters Preserve. In 2020, the three respective boards voted to utilize the remaining lands as follows:
- Approximately 66 acres housing/mixed use
- Approximately 22 acres to be preserved
- Approximately 16 acres for public school site and public recreational site
The Greene Tract is a place of immense historical, cultural and natural resources, and all three governmental entities are committed to a thoughtful and inclusive site planning process that respects the people and resources of the area, while reflecting the shared goal of increasing affordable housing for our community. Additional information on the Greene Tract can be found here: https://www.orangecountync.gov/2127/Greene-Tract.
For questions, contact Ashley Moncado, Orange County Planning and Inspections Department, by email (email@example.com) or by phone (919-245-2589).
Please help us with social distancing.