Orange County Department on Aging and the Senior Health Advocacy and Resource Partners of Orange County (SHARP) honored 29 individuals for their outstanding service in long-term care on Thursday, Nov. 4 during a virtual Direct Care Worker Award ceremony.
This event recognizes direct care workers (nurse aides, personal care aides, companion caregivers, etc.) who served clients in Orange County within the past year, making a difference in their clients’ lives on a daily basis and in the community.
Bonnie Hammersley, Orange County Manager, recognized all 29 nominees, including six individuals who received the following 2021 SHARP Direct Care Worker awards:
- Longevity: Jean Knight – Home Instead Senior Care
- Rising Star: Genmy Escamilla – Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle
- Client Impact: Christina Rich-Parrish – Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle
- Going the Extra Mile: Gloria Borbor – Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle
- Leadership: Crystal Perry – Carol Woods Retirement Community
- Direct Care Worker of the Year: Lucy Williams – independent care provider (pictured)
Employers of the award winners were also honored at the virtual awards ceremony.
2021 SHARP Direct Care Worker awardee employers are as follows:
ARC of the Triangle, Carol Woods Retirement Community, Charles House Association, Homewatch Caregivers of the Triangle, Home Instead Senior Care, LiveWell Assisted Living, Piedmont Health, Premier Home Health Care Services, Right at Home of the Triangle, UNC Home Health, and six individual family caregivers.
Visit Direct Care Worker Awards or call 919.245.4253 to learn more and to view this year’s awards ceremony.