Property owners should receive their 2023 listing forms by mail in early January. If you do not receive a Property Tax Listing form and need to list, contact us at 919-245-2100, email firstname.lastname@example.org or print a blank listing form on our website.
All taxable personal property and certain real property* must be listed for county property tax purposes each January. The deadline to submit your 2023 listing form is Tuesday, Jan. 31, 2023. Forms submitted by mail must be received in our office or postmarked by the US Postal Service by Jan. 31, 2023.
For Individual Listings, you must list:
- Manufactured Homes
- Boats, Motors, Jet Skis, Airplanes, & Unlicensed Vehicles
- Permanent and Multi-year tagged trailers
- Appliances or other property provided in rental real estate for tenants
- *Changes in real property (new construction, additions, renovations, or demolition) that have occurred since January 1, 2022. You are required by North Carolina law to report these changes even if a building permit was obtained for the work.
- DO NOT LIST licensed vehicles with a current license plate
Business Personal Property Listings
Business personal property must be listed on a separate Business Personal Property Listing Form. If you did not receive a Business Personal Property Tax Listing Form for your business, and need to list, contact us at 919-245-2100, email email@example.com or you print a blank listing form on our website.
The deadline to submit the 2023 business listing form is Jan. 31, 2023. An extension of time to list may be obtained by submitting a written request to the Tax Office or electronically at https://www.orangecountync.gov/1783/Business-Personal-Property by Jan. 31, 2023. Extension requests submitted by mail must be received in our office or postmarked by the US Postal Service by Jan. 31, 2023.