Volunteer Connect 55+
Welcome to Volunteer Connect 55+.
Volunteer Connect 55+ (VC 55+) is a program of the Orange County Department on Aging to enrich the lives of people 55+ in Orange County by connecting them to meaningful volunteer experiences in the community. VC 55+ offers a new way for older adults to fulfill their passions and interests through diverse volunteer opportunities with other older adults.
If you are currently volunteering with the Department on Aging, Senior Center Friends, VITA Tax Service, or schools, you will automatically become a member of Volunteer Connect 55+.
Browse the tabs to learn more about this rewarding program.
Volunteer Connect 55+ seeks to foster meaningful volunteer experiences for Orange County older adults, based on each participant’s talents and passions. The VC 55+ peer-to-peer engagement model encourages enduring and authentic connections between older community members. Our primary goal, encompassed by the central mission of Orange County Department on Aging, is to imbue purpose and richness in the daily experience of our older adults, both as providers and recipients of volunteer service benefits.
To find more about VC 55+, download the VC 55+ Volunteer Handbook and complete the Volunteer Application today!
- Personal satisfaction, a feeling of usefulness, improved health
- Opportunity to get involved with people and programs or help behind the scenes
- Chance to make Orange County a better place for older adults
- Passmore Center, Monday and Thursday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Seymour Center, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Chapel Hill
- Orange County Government