Community Literature Policy
The Orange County Public Library has bulletin boards where customers may post community information of a cultural, educational or civic nature, and/or related to job/career-related events, opportunities, or services.
The library and its staff do not necessarily endorse the viewpoints of organizations or individuals that post notices or endorse services being advertised.
Library service desks are for library use only.
Library staff selects and maintains all materials in the library. As such, we have designated staff members who routinely check and remove out-of-date or offensive materials. Library staff is not responsible for the return of notices after posting.
Customers do not need to seek permission to post a notice to a bulletin board; however, the library expects community members and representatives of organizations to adhere to the Community Bulletin Board Guidelines.
Community Bulletin Board Guidelines
- Priority is given to notices of government, nonprofit, and charitable organizations.
- Commercial notices and advertisements from individuals and businesses may be posted on a space-available basis. Commercial notices are subject to removal in the event space becomes needed for non-commercial notices.
- Multiple notices for the same event may not be posted.
- Event notices will be removed once the event has occurred.
- All new notices must:
- Include a date posted and must not be posted more than 6 weeks in advance of an event. Undated notices will be removed on the last day of the month.
- Clearly provide the sponsoring organization’s name and contact information.
- Be of reasonable size in relation to the available space.
- Leave space for existing announcements.
The Library Director is the final authority with regards to enforcing this policy.