Materials donations are a real help in fundraising and building our collection. In order to better manage donations, guidelines have been created to assist in arranging for donated materials.
- We cannot guarantee that a donated item will be added to the library collection. Items that are not added to the library collection will be offered for sale in the Friends of the Library’s book sale fundraiser
- All materials must be clean and in good condition; no mildewed, badly torn, damp, or dirty items, please
- We will accept adult and children’s books, CDs, DVDs, and videogames
- We are not able to accept textbooks, magazines, multi-volume encyclopedias, law books, audiocassettes, videos, or wall maps
- Please bring your donations in sturdy bags or boxes. We regret that we do not have enough staff or storage shelves to be able to immediately unload the boxes and return the empty carton to you
- Please limit your donations to one box or bag per day
- Tax receipts are available upon request. You will be asked to provide the quantity of each format donated such as hardbacks and paperbacks. No dollar value will be assigned by the library. Please check with your tax professional for guidelines about donations
The Library Director is the final authority with regards to enforcing this policy.
Revised April 2018