Orange Works Employment and Training Center is an expansion of the Orange County Department of Social Services and is driven to help individuals get the skills needed for self-sufficiency. The purpose of the Employment and Training Center is to promote human development and education by providing people with marketable skills, training, and supportive services that contribute to stable, living wage careers.
The center also provides a relaxing atmosphere for meetings or lunch provided by Café 113. Café 113 offers a variety of food and beverages, supplied by local vendors; and is operated by the participants of the WIOA employment program, allowing them work experience.
- On–site resource area equipped with computers w/internet access, Phones, Fax, Copier
- Opportunities to meet directly with businesses through various hiring events
- On-the-Job Training incentives to help you nail down the job offer for a position where you may have a skills gap
- Regular informative training workshops and courses taught by Durham Technical Community College professors
- Resume preparation assistance and review services
- Career Counseling and skill, interest, aptitude and literacy testing
- Access to current job openings
- Financial assistance screening for vocational training
- Clothes assistance for interview preparation and career wear
Durham Technical Community College
Weaver Street Market
Joe Van Gogh Coffee
Learn More and Apply
The Employment and Training Center is located at Orange County DSS Hillsborough Commons.