UPCOMING LOW-COST CLINICS (DATES, TIMES, LOCATIONS):
- Saturday, 2/18/23, 9:00am-12:00pm at Orange County Animal Services, 1601 Eubanks Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27516.
- Saturday, 4/22/23, 9:00am-12:00pm at Efland-Cheeks Community Center and Park, 117 Richmond Road, Mebane, NC, 27302.
- Saturday, 9/30/23, 9:00am-12:00pm at Cedar Grove Park, 5800 NC-86, Hillsborough, NC 27278.
- Wednesday, 10/18/23, 4:00pm-6:00pm at Farmers' Market Pavilion, 144 E. Margaret Ln, Hillsborough, NC 27278.
- Saturday, 11/18/23, 9:00am-12:00pm at Orange County Animal Services, 1601 Eubanks Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27516.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR THE CLINICS:
- Clinics will offer 1-year and 3-year vaccinations for $10. Pet owners will need to have a previous rabies certificate in hand to receive the 3-year vaccine. A tag alone is not sufficient.
- Microchips will also be offered at these clinics for $35 each. Pet owners can choose to have a pet receive only a microchip, only a rabies vaccine, or both.
- Please make sure dogs are on leashes and cats are in carriers.
- We will accept cash or credit cards as payment. WE ENCOURAGE PAYING IN CASH IF POSSIBLE. IT WILL HELP THE LINE MOVE MORE QUICKLY. THANK YOU!
- You do not need to be an Orange County resident to attend these events.
- PLEASE CHECK THIS PAGE CLOSER TO EVENT DAYS. WE WILL UPDATE THIS INFORMATION IF THERE IS A NEED FOR CANCELLATION.
Orange County’s Animal Services Department schedules low-cost rabies clinics annually. Rabies vaccinations are very important as North Carolina continues to be affected by the epidemic of "eastern raccoon rabies" that began in the latter half of the 1990s.
The incidence of rabies among a host species increases and decreases over a period of time. For more information on rabies facts and figures for Orange County and other areas in NC, visit
Rabies is a fatal virus and Orange County residents are urged to remain vigilant. Pet owners must be sure that dogs, cats, and ferrets are currently vaccinated against rabies and also that they immediately receive a booster shot if there is any possible exposure to rabies or a rabies vector.