Animal Services is merely a resource for information and/or referral when it comes to most wildlife. Only potential rabies cases and cases where there is a matter of public safety should be handled directly through Animal Services.

Wildlife Emergencies

For wildlife emergencies (such as possible exposure of people or pets to rabies), please call 911. Many animals can bite or claw and may harbor illnesses which can be transmitted to people. We recommend contacting a wildlife professional regarding general concerns or inquiries about any wild animals (such as sightings).

Feeding Wildlife

Feeding wildlife (of any species) can be particularly dangerous for all involved. Check out this information on the Hazards of Feeding Wildlife (PDF).

NC Wildlife Helpline

Do you have concerns, questions, or need advice about a problem with wildlife? Check out this page for more information, including contact information for the NC Wildlife Helpline: https://www.ncwildlife.org/have-a-problem