Senior Center Programs
We will offer dine-in and pick up hot meals Monday - Friday at 12 noon. Registration is required to participate in the lunch program. Email Isabel Jackson or call 919-245-4256 for more information or to register for our Lunch Program.
At this time we are only accepting new applications for those county residents aged 60 and over who can pick up a meal at either the Seymour Center or Passmore Center.
Individuals and those in group quarters will only be considered if they can identify someone to pick up their meal. Staff and volunteers are able to assist with delivery to individual homes for those who rely on public transportation.
Please contact our Food Services Coordinator or Lunch Site Managers for any questions or concerns at:
- Lunch Program Coordinator: Isabel Jackson or phone at (919) 245-4256
- Passmore Center: 919-245-2015
- Seymour Center: 919-968-2070
Get a preview of our lunch menus:
Lunch Program details when we are on-site:
Both Senior Centers serve up great food in a welcoming atmosphere and good company. Come and join us!
- Registration is required to participate in the lunch program: download, complete, and return the following form to the front desk at the senior center where you prefer to have lunch:
- Reservations are not required
- Lunches are served on a first-come, first-served basis
- Tickets are distributed at 11 a.m. and lunch is served at 12 p.m.
- Check-in at the registration desk located near the kitchen at each Senior Center
- Anyone under the age of 60 can purchase the meal for $7
- Persons aged 60 plus are urged to give a contribution towards the meal cost
Nutrition Resources for Seniors
It’s estimated that more than 4 million seniors are eligible for nearly $4.5 billion in food benefits, but they are not enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP). Visit the SNAP website to find out more.
Fee Payment and Financial Assistance
The Orange County Senior Centers strive to be accessible and welcoming to all seniors. If you want to participate in senior center fee-based activities and are unable, or unwilling, to pay a required fee, you may still participate.
A selection of free activities and programs are available to seniors age 55 and over*. Events/activities not eligible for financial assistance or waivers may include, but not limited to: trips/travel destinations; admissions or fees for center-sponsored activities at external venues; and activities held as fundraisers by the Friends organizations hosted at the senior centers.
Accordingly, income-based financial assistance is available for most senior center offerings. Individuals interested in wellness programs can contact Wellness Coordinator, Latonya Brown, for more information at 919-245-4270. Seniors who require financial support to participate in other programs can contact Passmore Center Operations Manager, Dawn Smith, at 919-245-2021, or Seymour Center Operations Manager, Cydnee Sims, at 919-245-4250. In determining eligibility for financial assistance, the individual’s financial status is compared to current federal poverty guidelines.
All inquiries are strictly confidential.
*Some programs are exempt as their funding is provided by the Older American Act (only for people age 60 and over)
Financial Assistance Request Form
If you are in need of financial assistance for Senior Center activities or programs, please download, complete and return the Financial Assistance Request Form (pdf) to the Passmore Center, 103 Meadlowlands Dr., Hillsborough, NC, 27278, or the Seymour Center, 2551 Homestead Rd., Chapel Hill, NC 27516.
Senior Center & Program Evaluation
Senior Center & Program Evaluation
Senior Center Questionnaire
Your feedback will help us to improve our programs. Please complete our questionnaire about your participation at a Senior Center in the past 6 months. Choose either option below to submit your feedback.
- Complete and submit the Senior Center Questionnaire (pdf) by EMAIL
- Complete and submit the Senior Center Questionnaire ONLINE
Time for Feedback Program / Course Evaluation
If a course has a beginning and ending date then the End of Course Evaluation will be administered on the next to last or last day of the program. Instructors will be given immediate feedback from the End of Course Evaluations. Choose one of the options below to complete and submit your course-specific evaluations.
- Complete and submit the End of Course Evaluation (pdf) by EMAIL
- Complete and submit the End of Course Evaluation ONLINE
Program Interest Survey
We want to know what programs are you interested in. Please choose one of the options below take the survey and tell us what you think.
- Complete and submit the Program Interest Survey (pdf) by EMAIL
- Complete and submit the Program Interest Survey ONLINE