- Departments A - F
- Aging Transitions Services
- Long-Term Care
- Facility-Based Care
Long-Term Care facilities provide up to 24 hour care for aging or disabled individuals who are unable to live safely by themselves. There are various types of facilities, including Adult Day Services, Assisted Living Facilities, Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs), Family Care Homes, and Nursing Homes. Each differs in size and services provided. Explore the tabs below to learn more.
Assisted Livings provide private or semi-private rooms and services such as three meals a day, assistance with personal care, medications, activities, and transportation. These facilities are best for people who need some help with independent living, but do not require 24-hour nursing care.
- Orange County Community Resource Guide for Seniors and Their Families for assisted living facilities and resources. Search by category: ASSISTED LIVING / ADULT CARE FACILITIES, ADVOCACY, FAMILY CARE HOMES, NURSING HOMES and OMBUDSMEN
Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs) provides residents with a tiered approach to long-term care. CCRC's include independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing home facilities, all within the same community. The idea is to start with independent living, and gradually move up the tiers as daily living becomes more difficult. This way, it is possible to live in the same community for the rest of your life.
Continuing Care Retirement Communites
- Search the Orange County Community Resource Guide for Seniors and Their Families for CONTINUING CARE RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES
Family Care Homes are assisted living/adult care homes that are state-licensed & limited to six unrelated residents. They provide lodging, meal services & assistance with daily living activities. Family Care Homes can also be known as:
- Adult family homes
- Board and care homes
- Family Care Homes (FCH), also known as eldercare homes
- Personal care homes
- Residential care
Facilities & Resources
- Search the Orange County Community Resource Guide for Seniors and Their Families for FAMILY CARE HOMES
Nursing home facilities, also known as skilled nursing and rehab centers, provide skilled nursing care, personal care, as well as physical, occupational and speech therapy for people who need long-term care or rehabilitation. Skilled nursing care is provided 24/7.
All Medicare-approved facilities accept Medicare payment, if the patient meets its medical criteria. The same applies to Medicaid-approved facilities. Check with individual facilities to find out if a particular plan or payment method is accepted.
Facilities & Resources
- Search the Orange County Community Resource Guide for Seniors and Their Families for nursing homes and resources. Search by category: NURSING HOMES, ADVOCACY and HOME HEALTH / SKILLED AGENCIES.