Aging in Place Support Services
Activities at both Orange County senior centers are suspended.
See our New and Modified Programs, Services and Resources for older adults during the COVID-19 crisis and beyond here and view the many resources below that do not require in-person services.
We offer a number of resources to help older adults live independently, safely, and comfortably in their homes and communities, such as:
Staying Safe at Home
- Durable Medical Equipment
- Handy Helpers
- Home Safety Assessments
- Ramp Installation Resources (PDF)
- Stay Up and Active: Help Lower Your Risk for Falls (PDF)
- Making Seniors Homes Safer: Staying Safe While Social Distancing UNC Trauma Talk podcast.Find out what home safety modification services are available for you and/or your loved ones in the Triangle and how Orange County Department on Aging is taking an innovative approach to make access to these services easier for seniors.
- In-Home Assistance Directory (PDF)
- Are you experienced in assisting older adults with a variety of services in their homes? Apply to be in our In-Home Directory by completing and returning the form below (note: $15 background check fee):
- Introducing In-Home Care When Your Loved One Says ‘No’
- Working Successfully with Home Care Services
- Hiring In-Home Help
- Downsizing a Home: A Checklist for Caregivers
- Orange County Partnership to End Homelessness
- Senior Housing Options (PDF)
- Long-term Care
Mental Health Resources
Music In My Mind
Call the Aging Helpline (919) 968-2087 to learn more about any of these support services.