The Orange County Housing Authority Chapel Hill office is temporarily closed until further notice. Please contact the call center at 919-245-2485 for any questions or concerns.
Orange County’s Housing Choice Voucher waitlist is open only to the following preference categories: participants in Orange County’s Permanent Supportive Housing Move On Program, and residents experiencing homelessness referred through the Orange County Partnership to End Homelessness’ and Continuum of Care’s HOME Committee and Housing Help coordinated entry program. If you need housing assistance and do not align with these categories, please contact our Housing Helpline at 919-245-2655, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes in Household Income and Compositions
Due to the current health safety measures, HCV program participants may use the HCV Program - Document Upload Form to submit their annual recertification directly from this website.
To expedite the process of updating your account due to a loss of employment income follow these steps:
Complete the online Change/Report Form - click here
: Have your employer complete the online
Employment Verification form - click here
(Links above do not require printing)
Or you may select any one of the appropriate forms listed on the right. Complete and return the form with your supporting documentation.
A decrease or loss of household income must be reported no later than the last day of the month in order for your change to be effective on the 1st of the next month.
Participants are obligated to report all changes within ten(10) days of the effective date.
REQUEST TO MOVE:
Participants who request to move should first submit a written notice of Intent to Vacate Form. You may use the form provided on the web page (right side of the screen). If you elect to terminate your lease agreement (contract of residency between you and your landlord/owner) you may be responsible for early termination fees. Review your lease agreement to see if termination fees apply to you.
Tips on looking for housing:
1. Check the classified section of local newspapers where houses and/or apartments for rent are listed.
2. Check with friends, neighbors, and your case manager. Ask owners that have no vacancies if they know of other owners with vacant units.
3. Use the internet to search for free listings of rental units:
See the vacancy listing provided (on the right side of the page).
Check out the new edition of the Orange County Housing Authority HCV Newsletter. Included in this edition:
IRS takes new steps to ensure people with children receive $500 Economic Impact Payments
The IRS will reopen the registration period for federal beneficiaries who didn't receive $500 per child payments earlier this year. Certain federal benefit recipients should use the IRS.gov Non-Filers tool now through September 30 to enter information on their qualifying children to receive the supplemental $500 payments. To learn more, go to www.IRS.gov.
OCHA HCV Newsletter
Program Forms - Household Income Changes
Changes of Household Composition
- Utility Allowances - 2021-2022 - Duke - Mobile Home
- Utility Allowances - 2021-2022 - Duke - House-Single Family
- Utility Allowances - 2021-2022 - Duke - Apartment-Garden
- Utility Allowances - 2021-2022 -Twnhme-Duplex - Piedmont
- Utility Allowances - 2021-2022 -Twnhme-Duplex - Duke
- Utility Allowances - 2021-2022 - Piedmont - Mobile Home
- Utility Allowances - 2021-2022 - Piedmont - House-Single Family
- Utility Allowances - 2021-2022 - Piedmont - Apartment-Garden