Orange County Department on Aging and the Senior Health Advocacy and Resource Partners of Orange County (SHARP) honored fifty-six individuals for their outstanding service in long-term care on May 24 during the SHARP Award ceremony.
Commissioner Barry Jacobs represented the Board of Orange County Commissioners and recognized all fifty-six nominees including seven individuals who received the following 2018 SHARP Direct Care Worker awards:
- Client Impact Award: Maya Brown
- Direct Care Worker of the Year: Patricia Miller
- Going the Extra Mile Award: Christina Rich
- Leadership Award: Heather Carden
- Longevity Award: Flora Leak and Elaine Atkins
- Rising Star Award: Krystal Wells
Employers of the award winners were also honored at the awards ceremony, which took place at the Passmore Center in Hillsborough.