Orange County Recreation is excited to offer limited enrollment in-person camps for Summer 2021 at the Central Recreation Center. Camps will be limited in each session. Camps will be offered June 7 through August 20, with no camp Friday, June 18 (in observance of Juneteenth) or the week of July 5-9 (in observance of Independence Day). Camps will follow our traditional half-day enrichment model, with half-day camps combined for full-day care.
The Summer Camp Guide contains complete information, including camp descriptions and fees.
- Week 01 - June 7-June 11 (PDF)
- Week 02 - June 14-June 17 (PDF)
- Week 03 - June 21-June 25 (PDF)
- Week 04 - June 28-July 2 (PDF)
- Week 05 - July 12-July 16 (PDF)
- Week 06 - July 19-July 23 (PDF)
- Week 07 - July 26-July 30 (PDF)
- Week 08 - August 2-August 6 (PDF)
In consultation with the Orange County Health Department and Orange County management, the following COVID protocols are planned for summer camp 2021. Protocols may be revised as COVID conditions change.
- Daily health screenings will be required of staff and campers prior to entering the Central Recreation Center.
- Only campers and staff will be permitted inside the building during camp hours.
- Campers will stay with their own camp throughout the camp time; campers from separate camps will not interact during playground time or other unstructured activity.
- All pick-up and drop-off will occur using kiss-and-go drive-through; parents/guardians must remain in their vehicle.
- Parents/guardians needing to drop off or pick up a child outside of scheduled times will need to call 919.245.2667 to have their child escorted out.
- Face coverings/Masks:
- For Indoor Camps—Will be required at all times for campers and staff except during snack, lunch, playground time, or while drinking from a personal water bottle. Masks will be recommended but not required during playground time, which will be limited to 15 minutes.
- For Outdoor Camps—Will be recommended at all times for campers. Will be required at all times for staff unless proof of vaccination is provided.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available in each room. Campers are welcome to bring their own hand sanitizer as well.
- Within camp, all participants will practice social distancing with individual tables or activity areas spaced six-feet apart and single-use equipment. Campers may share tables, but will still be distanced, while at lunch. Camp rooms, supplies, restrooms, and high-touch points will be sanitized throughout the day.
- Lunch and snack time will occur outside when weather permits; in case of inclement weather lunch will occur in the gymnasium at socially distant tables. Campers will be assigned seating with cohorts for the purpose of contact tracing.
- Each camp room will have a limited-use designated restroom available to campers.
- Water fountain will be turned off, but touchless bottle station will be available to fill personal water bottles.
- In the event of a diagnosis of COVID or presumed positive, camper may not return to camp until:
- Fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medicine AND
- Other symptoms have improved AND
- Until 10 days have passed from first symptom
- Refunds will be issued for any camp date(s) missed due to COVID quarantine/isolation.
All policies were approved at time of publication. All policies are subject to change, in consultation with Orange County Health Department and Orange County management, in the event of changing COVID conditions.
For those seeking additional summer enrichment opportunities, limited virtual summer camps will also be offered. Visit Summer Enrichment for complete information. Registration for virtual camps available online at www.orangecountync.gov/activityregistration.